A modern Django 1.5 project skeleton.
Django is a great framework. Unfortunately, like any framework, it is only as useful as the tools you use with it. This is where django-skel really shines.
django-skel gives you a great project skeleton, complete with:
- Database migrations via South.
- Static file management via django-compressor.
- Task queueing via Celery.
- Helper utilities for working on the command line, via Fabric.
- Fancy documentation generation via Sphinx.
- Awesome local debugging and analysis via django-debug-toolbar.
- Amazon S3 integration (for publishing static assets: css, js, images, etc.) via django-storages.
- CSS compression (for production environments) via cssmin.
- JS compression (for production environments) via jsmin.
- Memcache caching support via django-heroku-memcacheify.
- PostgreSQL support via django-heroku-postgresify.
- A blazing fast WSGI server for serving production traffic via gunicorn and gevent.
- Production application performance monitoring and usage statistics via newrelic.
- All the best practices I’ve come to learn with more than 4 years of Django experience.
- Built in support for production deployments on Heroku’s platform.
But, more importantly, django-skel gives you a really clean, simple, and reliable project template for developers of any experience level.
If you want a best practices approach to Django, use django-skel and you won’t be disappointed!
Follow the Guide Below to Victory!¶
- Getting Started
- Running on Heroku